The opening of a health and leisure centre complex at Praa Sands Holiday Park completes the owners’ commitment to provide its residents and visitors with additional leisure facilities
As a further investment in its holiday locations, residential and holiday park specialist The Haulfryn Group decided to replace the old clubhouse at Praa Sands to include a new health and leisure complex with bar and restaurant, entertainment room, swimming pool, spa, steam room and fitness suite. The directors were clear that it should be highly sustainable, creatively designed and meet the needs of its holiday home owners. Pinelog’s design was chosen in competition against other architects due to its exciting and adaptable design. Pinelog and Haulfryn Group also have a history of very successful collaboration on similar projects at other holiday parks.
- Contemporary and practical design
- Planning approval gained on this sensitive site
- Constructed in timber glulam frames and trusses
- Vaulted style roof
- 30 degree slate effect concrete tiled roof
- Externally clad in cedar panels and block and white render
- Insulated 14m x 6m indoor pool with 1.35 constant depth
- Children’s splash pool, spa pool, steam room
- Entertainment room, bar, kitchen and fitness suite
- Low energy lighting
- Heat recovery
- Ultra-violet water treatment
What the client said
"With its mild climate, beautiful beaches and countryside, the Penzance area has always been a popular choice for holiday home owners. We wanted to add an extra dimension for our customers at Praa Sands – this superb leisure facility certainly does that. It has exceeded our expectations and is admired by all who use it."