This new facility at RNIB Pears Centre, a specialist school and children's home, provides much needed water therapies to children and young people with multiple disabilities, complex health needs and vision impairment. The hydrotherapy pool is designed to be a stand-alone facility to allow independent access.
- Constructed from sustainable timber
- Super-insulated external walls achieving a high level of air tightness
- External larch cladding
- Insulated 8m x 4m constant depth 1.2m pool constant depth
- In-built anti-slip steps
- Commercial grade pool liner to withstand 32o C
- Low energy lighting
- Heat recovery
- Ultra-violet water treatment
- Sensory equipment includes a kaleidoscope projector and music player
- Internal finishes carefully selected to achieve visual contrast and tactile surfaces
- Includes changing rooms, shower area, shower bed, accessible WCs/changing and a safe place.
- All floors are suitable for wheelchair users
What the client said
"Pinelog have worked closely with us at RNIB to deliver a bespoke, quality finished building on budget and programme. We are delighted with our hdyrotherapy pool which is already improving the quality of life and learning experiences of children and young people with multiple complex needs."