Silver Bay Holiday Village is situated within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and has been established for some 50 years, offering private ownership of holiday homes with private access directly to the beach and its own boat park. Some recent development has taken place with the installation of 11 new luxury lodges and the upgrading of static caravans to holiday lodges. The park owners felt that the provision of good quality leisure and all-weather facilities would enable the park to compete in today’s highly competitive holiday industry.
Pinelog were chosen to submit a design to the client based on their specialist knowledge. A design was produced by Pinelog’s in-house architects and after being agreed by the client, a full planning application was submitted by Pinelog. A formal tendering procedure was then carried out and Pinelog were chosen to carry out the complete project.
- Contemporary design emulates the landscape and has full views to the coast
- Upper gallery area overlooking the pool comprises a fitness suite and aerobics/multipurpose room
- Constructed in timber glulam frame with curved roof structure
- Trocal roof gives appearance of a seamed lead material
- External local stone feature stonework and European larch cladding panels
- Insulated 15m x 8m indoor pool with separate children’s pool
- Fitness suite, aerobics room, café, office, spa, steam room, beauty therapy rooms
- Low energy lighting
- Heat recovery
- Ultra-violet water treatment