Sunbeach Caravan Park is owned and operated by Allens Caravans, a leading UK holiday park operator. Nestled on the West Wales coast, Sunbeach is one of the most popular caravan parks in Wales. The owners wanted to increase and weather proof holidaymakers’ enjoyment of the park’s onsite facilities and having used Pinelog on several previous indoor pool and clubhouse projects, they knew that Pinelog’s in-house design department would produce a design to incorporate and complement the existing clubhouse.
A design was produced by Pinelog’s in-house architects and after being agreed by the client, a full planning application was submitted by Pinelog. A negotiated contract was then agreed and Pinelog were chosen to carry out the complete project.
- Constructed in timber glulam frame with roof line extending as a wing from the original octagonal clubhouse
- A free-form indoor pool and children’s splash pool
- Extension also includes new changing rooms, games room, play area and viewing area
- Natural slate roof to match existing building
- External local Cambrian stonework and European larch cladding panels
- Low energy lighting
- High levels of insulation and air tightness
- Heat recovery
- Ultra-violet water treatment
- SPATA award winning design - British Pool and Hot Tub Awards 2016