The Lake Country House Hotel in mid-Wales now has a health, fitness and leisure centre which is proving very popular with guests and attracting new business.
The hotel dates from 1840 and is set in 50 acres of welsh parkland. The opening of the Kingfisher Spa has completed its transformation from Victorian hunting lodge to a luxury hotel. The owner saw that a leisure facility was essential for a hotel in such a remote setting and looked for a visually arresting design. Pinelog’s in-house architects proposed a contemporary structure with excellent environmental credentials.
- Contemporary and practical design
- Constructed in timber glulam frame with glulam trusses
- Vaulted style roof
- 30 degree roof pitch with natural slates
- External block and render finish
- Insulated 15m x 7.2m indoor pool with 1.35 constant depth
- Upper floor gymnasium and coffee area leads to external hot tub on covered deck
- Steam room, sauna and beauty therapy treatment rooms
- Low energy lighting
- Heat recovery
- Ultra-violet water treatment
What the client said
"The Pinelog team used its wealth of expertise to design and build a striking, first class leisure facility within our beautiful protected environment. The facilities and luxurious style of our Kingfisher Spa is very much appreciated by our guests. We are already achieving increased bookings from both corporate bodies and individuals who have been attracted by the new facility."