Darwin Forest Country Park’s leisure centre provides a memorable experience for visitors and a health and fitness resource for local residents.
Darwin Forest Country Park is operated by Pinelodge Holidays in the Derbyshire Peak District. This is the largest self-catering park in the area offering luxury lodge holidays for short breaks or holidays and is open throughout the year. Darwin Forest had an existing swimming pool which was popular with holidaymakers but was too small to meet the demands of this expanding park. Sited near the entrance of the Park it needed to make an immediate impact on visitors as they arrived.
- Striking contemporary design
- Constructed in timber glulam frame with glulam columns, curved beams and purlins from sustainably managed Scandinavian forests
- Vaulted style roof
- Low maintenance external Larch cladding
- Trocal standing seam lead effect roof
- 15m x 14m indoor pool with 1.35 constant depth
- Shallow entrance steps and integrated children’s pool area
- Dedicated swim lanes
- Spa, steam room, sauna, beauty therapy treatment rooms and relaxation area
- Reception area with coffee shop
- Fitness suite on upper floor with fully glazed walls overlooking pool
- Low energy lighting
- Heat recovery
- Ultra-violet water treatment
- SPATA double award winner 2006
- Hoseasons’ “Best in Britain” 2009 and VisitEngland Award winners2012
What the client said
"The park has immediately benefited from the new facility in terms of increased interest and bookings from holiday makers, particularly in off-peak times when weatherproofed facilities are key to holiday destination selection. There has also been double the anticipated response for membership from the local community with over 1,000 current members"